Join 8 other subscribers
- Family Acceptance Project Providing services to help “ethnically and religiously diverse families support their LGBT and gender variant children” and promote health and acceptance for all family members.
- Meditation Moment Need a break? Take a brief meditation moment- beautiful images, music, and inspiration courtesy of Rev. David Jarvis.
- NAMI Santa Clara County Supporting — Educating — Comforting — Understanding people with mental illness and their families
- Ponderings Rev. Sue Ann Yarbrough’s blog
- S.A.F.E. Classrooms Creating classrooms that are safe and affirming for everyone. Help fight bullying!
- StillSpeaking Daily Devotional Delivered each morning to your e-mail inbox. Published by United Church of Christ.
- UCC Coalition on LBGT Concerns The United Church of Christ Coalition for LGBT Concerns advocates for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in the UCC, and equips UCC congregations to become effective witnesses to Christ’s extravagant welcome.
Author Archives: revyarbrough
Pastor David Harvey
On October 2, 2021 Pastor David Harvey, pastor of Celebration of Faith church in San Jose and a long-time supporter of the LGBTQ+ Community, passed away. A Celebration of Life will be held at New Community of Faith on Saturday, … Continue reading
How precious is your love, O God! We take refuge in the shadow of your wings. We feast on the rich food of your house; from your delightful stream you give us drink. For with you is the fountain of life, and in your … Continue reading
Dear Friends, This Sunday we will be revisiting the story of Jesus’ baptism. I find the story both moving and encouraging. John was reluctant to baptize Jesus; he felt Jesus should baptize him. Yet, to that plea, Jesus simply replied, … Continue reading
Comings and Goings
My thanks to Rich and Tito for leading worship this Sunday. I will be preaching in Sunol at Little Brown Church. If you need the Zoom information for this Sunday, please call the office. There are other changes I want … Continue reading
This morning I was able to hear part of a keynote address by the African American activist and author Ruby Sales. I so appreciated her encouragement to create a Beloved Community, rather than a world compartmentalized by the color of … Continue reading
Tending to Christ
SpiritCare now knows of five long-term care communities who are now closed to a Covid breakout. This is why I keep stressing our protocols and encouraging people to get vaccinated. What happens when a long-term care community closes? Residents and … Continue reading
Earlier this week, I attended a Torah study on Zoom. I really know too little of the Hebrew scriptures and Jewish traditions, so I hope to attend more sessions. The rabbi who was leading the session talked for just a … Continue reading
Hybrid worship has begun! Last week I realized that I have grown so accustomed to Zoom, that I tend to focus on the computer a little too much. I shall try to be a little more flexible. It is nice … Continue reading
Change is Coming (Always)
“My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I … Continue reading
I will lift you up high, my God, the true king. I will bless your name forever and always. I will bless you every day. I will praise your name forever and always .The Lord is great and so worthy of praise! God’s … Continue reading