Join 8 other subscribers
- Family Acceptance Project Providing services to help “ethnically and religiously diverse families support their LGBT and gender variant children” and promote health and acceptance for all family members.
- Meditation Moment Need a break? Take a brief meditation moment- beautiful images, music, and inspiration courtesy of Rev. David Jarvis.
- NAMI Santa Clara County Supporting — Educating — Comforting — Understanding people with mental illness and their families
- Ponderings Rev. Sue Ann Yarbrough’s blog
- S.A.F.E. Classrooms Creating classrooms that are safe and affirming for everyone. Help fight bullying!
- StillSpeaking Daily Devotional Delivered each morning to your e-mail inbox. Published by United Church of Christ.
- UCC Coalition on LBGT Concerns The United Church of Christ Coalition for LGBT Concerns advocates for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in the UCC, and equips UCC congregations to become effective witnesses to Christ’s extravagant welcome.
Category Archives: Pastor
Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those … Continue reading
Held in Love
Scripture: Jeremiah 18:1-4″The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: ‘Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will let you hear my words.’ So I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was working at his wheel. … Continue reading
The Narrow Gate
We live in a society that places a high value on “keeping our options open.” The risk of missing something just seems too great. Yet, eventually, we do have to narrow our choices. This is one lesson of the pandemic … Continue reading
Pondering John 20:27
“Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Jesus “To feed the hungry means to do away with militarism. To bless the … Continue reading
Yes, It Matters
When I first read the following poem, I could feel the pear in my hand. I touched the burro’s ears with happiness. I could see the kindly monk who would occasionally drop by. I find this to be a humbling … Continue reading
How To Let Go
“Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and God will draw near to you.” James 4:7-8 My “devil” is procrastination. I am often slow to take on what I perceive to … Continue reading
Living into It
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 2 Corinthians 3:17 The Apostle Paul mentions freedom several times in his letters, and I always find his encouragement to live into our freedom … Continue reading
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is … Continue reading
The Lenten Journey Begins
“And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And he ate nothing during those days. And when they were ended, … Continue reading
Staying in Touch
On Saturday, my husband needed to make a delivery to a restaurant here in San Leandro. I had not yet had lunch and I knew they had a patio, so I decided to go with him. It was so pleasant to … Continue reading